Our Hybrid Publishing Services create a path for Authors that is in between Traditional Publishing and Self Publishing. An easy way to think about the various publishing methods is:
- Self Publishing (Production House) – Author pays to have their book professionally created.
- Traditional Publishing (Curated) – the Publisher pays the Author and maintains more control, rights, and royalties to produce the book.
- Hybrid Publishing (Hybrid House, Author Assisted) model allows for all the projects that fit in the middle of Self and Traditional.
- Ghostwriting (Author credit stays with Client)
- Co-Writing (Author credit is shared with Client, possible shared rights and/or shared royalties)
- Full Rewrite by publisher (Author credit, rights, and royalties is case by case)
Each Hybrid project is carefully reviewed and a comprehensive evaluation is completed. Once evaluated a negotiation based on our recommendations is agreed upon and the specifics are quoted and documented in an agreement (contract). Rights may or may not be shared or limited. Shared royalties may or may not be requested.
CBA has a lot of experience in Hybrid and the projects can have considerable timelines. Therefor we limit the number of Hybrid projects we take on at a time to ensure the highest quality and result. At the end of the day, Hybrid creates opportunity for Clients that would not be available in the other Publishing methods. If you would like to learn more and discuss where your project may best fit please contact our President of Business Development and we will be happy to discuss your project needs and goals.